I know we always say it, but we just love SHA Wellness Clinic, mainly because we like healthy eating and they certainly know plenty about that at SHA. In the past they offered a strictly Macrobiotic diet, however more recently they concentrate more on the broader concept of Healthy Nutrition.
An important pillar in SHA’s success is its Chef’s Studio, the perfect setting to share the secrets of their Healthy Nutrition.
In an interactive, professional and entertaining environment, you will learn simple and delicious recipes, and all the knowledge you need to achieve significant and substantial change in your health and lifestyle when you go home, through:
Private cooking classes, where you will learn how to prepare the dishes that you like most from more than 50 recipes, with special attention to the therapeutic properties of each food.
Group cooking classes, where each week different themed classes are offered, from healthy sugar free desserts, detox, seasonal cooking, energy filled breakfasts to learning the thousand possibilities or more that exist of how to best use and benefit from using vegetable proteins in your diet.
Intensive training for Chefs, a specialized program of 4 hours a day with the resident SHA Chef. This program has been designed to share SHA’s knowledge with the chefs that visit them.
And what better way to show you the Healthy Nutrition than by sharing a delicious recipe to celebrate the start of spring. A simple recipe for a nutritious and healthy salad, a salad that is more than just a simple salad.
It’s a salad that contains foods that can help better manage stress and help you find inner balance, a salad created by nutritional expert Melanie Waxman that will help you feel relaxed even in those most stressful moments. .
Fresh salad of cucumbers, radishes and herbs
Serves: 2-4 adults
Preparation time: 25 minutes
For the Salad:
- 2 cups of rinsed and grated cabbage
- 1 small cucumber peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 thinly sliced celery stalk
- 3 radishes cut finely
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander, parsley or basil
- 2 cups of rinsed rucula and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Lemon and Tahini dressing:
- 1-2 tablespoons of tahini
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of brown rice vinegar
- A few drops of olive oil.
- 3-4 tablespoons of mineral water
- 1 teaspoon of shoyu
Preparing the salad:
- Place the cabbage, cucumber, celery and radishes in a large bowl.
- Add the salt and mix the vegetables with your hands.
- Place a plate on top of the vegetables and put a weight on top. You can use a jar of beans or a jug of water.
- Leave pressing for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the bowl and remove the water.
- Place in a serving bowl.
- Add the rucula and mixed herbs.
- Mix gently.
- Serve with the tahini and lemon dressing *.
* The lemon and Tahini dressing:
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Put all ingredients in a blender, except the water.
- Add more water if necessary and mix.
- Serve over the spring salad.