Recipe Beetroot Carpaccio with goat cheese
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
100 grams of beetroot
30 grams of fresh spinach
50 grams of goat cheese
Approx. 10 walnuts
For the sauce:
1tbsp old-style mustard
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
5 tbsp of olive oil
1tbsp of honey
- Cook the beetroot for 40 minutes, or until it is soft inside. Drain and leave to cool.
- While the beetroot is being cooked, in a bowl, slowly mix two types of mustard with honey and olive oil
- Put a little bit of the dressing aside to use it as decoration for your plate. Mix the sauce with spinach and chopped nuts
- When the beetroot has cooled down, peel it and thinly slice it. Arrange on a plate in a circle
- Cover both sides of the sliced goat cheese with baking paper. Heat it in a pan, about 3 mins each side, or until the cheese reaches gold colour. Remove the paper and put the cheese on top of the spinach in the middle of the plate.
- Use the rest of the dressing and nuts to decorate your plate. You can decorate beetroot carpaccio by adding alfalfa on the top of goat cheese.
Recipe taken from Shanti Som Cook Book
More info about Shanti Som: