We proudly present our very own in-house Yoga teacher MARTA!! Since Yoga is in her blood, we thought it would be a nice idea to let her tell you some more about the benefits of certain yoga postures, as we can all do with a little inspiration in these challenging times!
¨I have chosen the postures that seem to me to be the simplest and most accessible to almost everyone, and which also represent the essence of classic Hatha Yoga.¨
Today´s suggestion is the Eka Pada Rajakapotasana (Sleeping Pigeon Pose)
This is a very comfortable asana and it provides significant and long-lasting benefits, it can even be performed by beginners but there are some things to bear in mind: you should listen carefully to your body whilst performing this asana, don’t try to go beyond your capability and be gentle with your body. If you suffer from high or low blood pressure, migraines, insomnia, or any serious lower back or neck injury then you should avoid this asana.
This pose also provides emotional benefits by boosting self-confidence and sense of self-love.
But in addition…
- It opens up the hip joint and provides flexibility to the body.
- Helps in lengthening the hip flexor.
- Offers an excellent stretch to the thighs, gluteals and piriformis muscles which tones the lower body.
- Stimulates the internal organs.
- Helps in reducing substantial pain in the lower back and stiffness throughout the body.
I hope you enjoy it!
Hari Om Tat Sat