We love pumpkins this time of year, particularly when they’re roasted and whipped into a creamy, cold-weather soup. So thankfully there are many variations on this classic Fall meal. Our favourite is the ¨pumpkin cream with crunchy nori seaweed and balsamic vinegar¨ following the recipe of SHA Wellness Clinic, healthy but above all DELICIOUS!
Pumpkin is a sweet vegetable, typical of fall and winter season with multiple properties and health benefits:
- Pumpkin helps regulate sugar levels in the body by stimulating the pancreas
- The pumpkin is actively involved in the process of detoxification of the body and helps eliminate accumulated mucosities
- Pumpkin helps regulate intestinal flora and fights constipation
- For its high content of beta carotene and alfa carotene, pumpkin improves eyesight, the health of our skin and prevents cardiovascular diseases
- Pumpkin has lots of vitamin C and is a great source of potassium
Today we share our favourite pumpkin cream recipe from SHA Wellness Clinic: pumpkin cream with crunchy nori seaweed and balsamic vinegar.
INGREDIENTS (FOR 10 PORTIONS APPROXIMATELY):
- 5 kilos pumpkin
- 500 grams of onion
- 500 grams of carrot
- 2 pieces of orange peel
- 2 pieces of lemon peel
- 150 ml of organic virgin olive oil
- 1 pack of nori seaweed
- 2 liters of balsamic vinegar
- 100 grams of rice syrup
PREPARATION OF THE PUMPKIN CREAM RECIPE:
- For the pumpkin cream: Peel and wash the onions, the pumpkin and carrots. Remove the skin of the orange and lemon. Chop the onion and carrot and sauté. Then add the pumpkin cut and cored. Add the citrus peel and add water until covering it. Boil and, once cooked, mash and fine it.
- For the crunchy nori: Cut into strips and once oil is hot, dip the seaweed for 10 seconds. Then move to a paper towel.
- For the reduction of balsamic vinegar: Put the vinegar and the syrup in a souté along with the fire until it has the right texture and the syrup has crystallized.
- How to serve: Place the pumpkin cream in a bowl decorate with the reduction of balsamic vinegar and place the crispy nori seaweed on top.
All it takes is a few new ingredients and you’ll be tasting pumpkin in a whole new way. Enjoy!