As you know we are always on the search for these nice, refreshing and energising juices and smoothies, because also in our SIS Office we love to live the healthy lifestyle. And now we came across this lovely green smoothie, which is different, because of the grapefruit. But that just gives that extra bite, which makes it so nice.
Not to mention, grapefruit is super healthy with plenty of immune-boosting Vitamin C to help ward off colds, lycopene, and free-radical fighting antioxidants. In addition this geen smoothie also has plenty of potassium and fiber from banana and apple, which add a creamy, natural sweetness.
This green smoothie is simple, requiring just 5 ingredients and done in 10 minutes. It is cold, slightly tart, perfectly sweet, refreshing and loaded with nutrients at the same time.
- 1 grapefruit, peeled, seeds removed
- 1 large sweet apple, cored and skin removed
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 large ripe banana, previously sliced and frozen
- 2-3 ice cubes
- Unsweetened almond milk, water or orange juice to thin (~1/2 cup)
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
And if you want to see our video about how to prepare the juice: