7 night Thermal Weight Loss
Balneario de Archena****, Murcia
Weight loss is a difficult process for most people. Diets which leave people feeling hungry and a over ambitious physical training program are the greatest causes of people abandoning their weight loss program. At Balneario de Archena hydrotherapy, the practice of using water to treat the body, is used. The claim is that hydrotherapy can rid the body of diseases and clean the blood due to its healing properties. Spa Hotel & Resort Balneario de Archena uses water originating from a thermal spring holding mineral-medicinal qualities, and it is these properties that contribute to a healthy way of losing weight. Using hydrotherapy in combination with a low-calorie diet can be a quick way to shed some pounds.
The techniques included in the weight loss program will be prescribed by the doctor during the medical consultation, normally the guest will do 3 techniques per day among the following treatments: Archena Massage, Thermal Balneacenter, Thermal mud, Cellulite draining massage, Lipofit treatment, Peeling Mare Massage, Lymphatic Body Drainage
The historic Balneario de Archena belongs to the acknowledged Royal Spas of Europe organisation and is of great importance and prestige in health tourism at a national and international level. A typical Spanish Weight Loss experience in beautiful and historical surroundings! We can also offer you shorter, more intensive and longer programs, for more information please contact us.
Would you like to find out more about the Thermal Weight Loss program? Dr. Valenzuela, Senior Doctor at Balneario de Archena, explains the program: read more >>
- BONUS exclusive for SIS clients: a FREE set of cosmetic products + FREE up-grade to a Superior Room!
- 7 nights accommodation at Hotel Termas****
- Full board: personalised menu according to dietician's recommendations (5 meals a day)
- Medical consultation at the beginning and end of the program
- Medical check-up during the stay
- Nutritional consultation
- Determination of body composition study at beginning and end of the program
- Bio nutritional study
- 3 treatments a day aimed at weight loss and according to doctor´s recommendation (e.g. Mud application, Termarchena (natural steam bath and thermal bath, Archena massage, Lipofit treatment (Hot "bands" in arms, legs, abdomen and back which make you sweat + oil + shower + moisturizing treatment, etc)
- Access to the¨Termal Balnea¨ (sauna area), according to the Doctor´s recommendations
- Free and unlimited access to the indoor and outdoor thermal pools
- Participation in daily guided activities like aqua gym, hiking, gym, etc
- Free use of the hotel bikes
- Free use of bathrobe
- Free WiFi throughout the hotel and in the rooms
An example of a day in this program:
- 08:00-09:00 Breakfast
- 09:30-10:30 Treatment time
- 10:30-11:00 Healthy snack
- 11:00-12:00 Aqua Gym
- 12:00-13:00 Enjoy the Thermal pools
- 13:30-16:00 Lunch and free time
- 16:00-17:00 Treatment time
- 17:00-17:30 Healthy snack
- 17:30-18:30 Hiking or other physical activity
- 19:00-20:00 Enjoy the ¨Termal Balnea¨ (sauna area)
- 20:00-21:00 Dinner
- Flight to Murcia
- Transfers from and to the airport
- Meals and beverages, other than mentioned above
- Use of bathing cap (can be purchased at the Spa entrance)
- Personal insurance
The Spa Hotel & Resort Balneario de Archena is a thermal complex covering more than 200,000 m2 located in the Murcia province, Spain. It is situated in Valle del Ricote, a privileged natural enclave found next to Río Segura (Segura River) in beautiful and lush natural surroundings. Archena Spa Hotel & Resort is a luxury spa resort only 24 km from Murcia and 80 km from Alicante’s airport.
The resort comprises of three hotels and a very large and complete spa complex where hydrotherapy treatments are carried out, with water being the main protagonist. Spa Hotel & Resort Balneario de Archena employs water originating from a thermal spring that holds mineral-medicinal qualities, whose properties make this excellent Mediterranean hotel a leading establishment for health tourism in Spain, following the latest trends in wellness and hydrotherapy.It is ideal for a spa break, a health cure or a luxurious spa weekend.
Balneario de Archena belongs to the acknowledged Royal Spas of Europe organisation and is of great importance and prestige in health tourism at a national and international level. This status has been gained by as much its facilities as by the quality of its medical, aesthetic and hotel services, and for being a reference in the spa treatments environment, where tourism and health are united to provide visitors with a perfect combination of leisure, rest and renewed vitality, all year round.
Eating well is a perfect incentive to accompany an authentic thermal therapy. For this the resort has 3 restaurants at your disposal, where you will be able to taste exquisite dishes and 3 bar/café´s, each of them with a terrace making for the perfect place to enjoy a good appetiser, snack or coffee in harmony with the environment.
Constructed at the end of the XIX century, Hotel Termas**** partially maintains its original Mozarabic style, which is its main characteristic trait. It is the principal hotel in the resort, due to its elegance and tradition. It has 67 rooms all with fully-equipped bathrooms.
The building was refurbished recently, although still keeps part of the decoration from last century in Mozarabic style. The cupola stands out, located in the mentioned Mozarabic area, as does the Roman tombstone from the end of the 1st century, and at the entrance of the thermal area the fountain is found, a replica of the Patio de los Leones fountain in the Alhambra, Granada.
Totally refurbished, its spacious rooms and the comfort it offers turns Hotel Levante **** into a modern and functional establishment. It counts with 70 rooms, all with fully-equipped bathrooms. The comfort of the rooms and the quality of the services guarantee an unforgettable stay.
The mineral-medicinal water of Balneario de Archena was declared as being of public interest in 1869. It is classified as a sulfurate-sulphate-chlorine-sodium-calcic water. It flows from the spring at a temperature of 52.5 ºC after having remained underground within the earth for 15,000 years. The properties of the water make for an excellent natural remedy for physical conditions as well as for recuperating the general well-being of the body.
This water holds the capacity to provide the body with the rest and relaxation needed to improve the immunologic system, and to favour the maintenance and improvement of joints as well as the protection of skin against ageing. The beneficial effects to the body are recognised by the doctors and physiotherapists who prescribe the visits to the spa.
Balneario de Archena puts some excellent facilities and a superb team of professionals at your disposal who are eager to offer an integral medical service, acknowledged by the quality seal of the Spanish Tourist Quality Institute. The medical team is composed of a medical director and 4 doctors who are specialised in hydrology (thermal water knowledge and treatment). They prescribe the thermal treatments after exhaustively monitoring every client during their stay. The individualised health and rest treatments are performed with the most avant-garde techniques and technology in the best possible facilities. The thermal spa area of the Balneario can be divided in three sections: The Thermal Galery, the ´Termalium´ Spa and the Beauty Farm.
The Thermal Gallery is the oldest part of the resort and this is where the thermal water spring originates. It is a beautiful area with lots of character and history. In this area you find the treatment rooms where the staff performs the traditional Archena massages with mud and where the old thermal baths are. The thermal Gallery also offers a thermal circuit and a natural steam room. The Thermal gallery can be accessed directly by all 3 hotels
The Termalium Spa, a very large wellness and spa centre, is the new leisure and well-being enterprise of Spa Hotel & Resort Balneario de Archena, where rest, health and beauty are all taken care of. The water employed in Espacio Termalium is thermal water from the mineral-medicinal water spring, with an average constant temperature of 34-36 ºC.
The Termalium Spa is made up of 11,000 m2 of thermal water area comprising of large inside and outside thermal pools with different types of cervical and lumbar water spurts, water currents, waterfalls, Jacuzzis, water beds, children’s pool, a wide beach area, saunas at different temperatures and humidity levels, massage rooms, warm hammocks, floatation pool (salt water), outdoor massage area, natural essences pool, igloo, walking corridors, thermal-contrast circuit and other facilities, which together are able to produce multiple sensations by alternating between warm and cool temperatures.
The Beauty Farm’s professional team is composed by specialised technicians who perform the latest programs for personal care. Thermal Beauty Farm counts with highly innovative beauty and health treatments that include: a great variety of facial and corporal massages, manicure, hair removal, tanning and make up, besides other manual therapies such as the Ayurvedic massages and treatments.
The Thermal Gallery:
- 11 Archena Massage cabins
- 21 general mud cabins, 20 general mud + thermal bath cabins
- 2 circular shower cabins
- 2 bithermical shower cabins
- 2 thermal water-spurts cabins
- 1 Termarchena circuit and a thermal moist stove
- “nasal washing room" (4 devices)
- "collective nebulisation room"
- "aerosol room" (8 devices)
- "vaporisation room" (4 devices).
- "resting room"
- changing room
- Physiotherapy clinic
The Termalium Spa, 11,000 m2 of:
- Large and modern thermal swimming pools both inside and outside with jets, water currents, waterfalls, Jacuzzis, water bed etc.
- a children’s pool
- a wide beach area
- saunas at different temperatures and relative humidity levels
- massage rooms
- crosscurrent pool
- warm hammocks
- floatation pool (salt water)
- outdoor massage area
- natural essences pool
- contrast pool
- walking corridors
- thermal-contrast circuit
- dressing rooms
- restaurant and bar
The Beauty Farm:
- thalatherm cabin (seaweed treatment)
- thalaform cabin (hydromassage bath)
- solarium cabin
- seven cabins for face and corporal treatments
- Hair dresser
- Hotel type
- 4* Resort style
- Spa facilities
- Thermal water Spa
- Nearest airport
- Alicante & Murcia (San Javier)
- Location type
- Country side